Sunday, July 24, 2011

Independence Day Celebration




Here is our set up. We were just trying to stay cool! It didn't work out so well. I think I was wishing we were at the beach with Kevin and Shaine! We had to buy a second shade and some of those cool fans that spray water. The boys really liked those. That's Grandma Dixie peeking out over a chair.

Benjamin

Joshua

Those cute newlyweds, Dan and Jackie :)!

Joshua playing nicely with Bailey. Those poor dogs really had a tough time with the heat but the noise of the fireworks was even worse for them!

Robert--cool, fashionable shorts!



Michelle and me!!

Grandma-great and grandpa-great with James. 

Michelle, Joshua, Kati and Benjamin

Poor Benjamin~~The heat just wore him out! I don't know HOW he could sleep on the ground just on a blanket. The fireworks didn't even wake him up!

You can see how flushed dad's face is due to the heat!

Robert, James, Mike, Jeff, Dad's backside :)

Here we are after the show started. Joshua fell asleep in my arms and slept through the whole thing! Babies are amazing :)!!!

There we are in two lines. Just behind me is Dan. Once the fireworks started, he was  holding James and covering James's ears. James actually fell asleep sitting up in Dan's lap. I think there is a picture on Jen's blog! :0 The temperature MAY have cooled off slightly after the sun went down!

No comments: