Well, I passed the English Exit Exam in American Literature before 1900. Whew! What a relief! I have been on pins and needles waiting to find out. I was so flustered by using a PC instead of a Mac and by using a computer instead of a blue book, that I was sure I really bombed. But I guess I know the literature and I am able to communicate my knowledge better than I thought. :0 Thanks to all of you for your support and understanding as I continue to inch forward toward my Master's Degree.
Some of the authors included in the reading list are: Benjamin Franklin, Anne Bradstreet, Jonathan Edwards, Nathaniel Hawthorne, Phillis Wheatley, Frederick Douglass, Harriet Jacobs, Herman Melville, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Henry David Thoreau, Walt Whitman, Charlotte Perkins Gilman, Mark Twain, Kate Chopin, Edgar Allan Poe, Stephen Crane, and the list continues. . . It was fun to read a bunch of stuff that I would not have read unless it was required of me.
Onward and forward--the next Exit Exam will be 19th Century British Literature and will include Jane Austen (yeah!!), Charles Dickens, and a host of others.

1 comment:
YAY!!!! Congratulations!!! I'm so proud of you!!! Someday, I want to do what you are doing and go back to get my Master's in Education with an emphasis on teaching reading. I want to be a reading specialist when I grow up. ;)
Post a Comment